Aurumin Limited (ASX: AUN) (“Aurumin” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce drilling plans for the Company’s 100% owned, 881koz Au Sandstone Project, located 520km north east of Perth. The Project is part of the Company’s Sandstone Operations, which also includes the Birrigrin and Johnson Range Projects, and has a total Resource of 946koz Au.
- Drilling 9 open pit targets, with 44 holes planned and an estimated 5,000m to be drilled
- First pass exploration drilling following up geochemical and structural targeting at Aurumin’s Sandstone Project
- All targets on mining leases, within 3km of the processing plant footprint
- All drilling permits are granted and drill site preparation is underway
- Targeting multiple depositional models and style including, porphyry/intrusive hosted vein style, banded iron hosted and structural shear style hosted mineralisation in mafic and ultramafic units
- First pass drilling assessment of targets to be followed up rapidly with indications of success
- Drilling expected to commence first half of June
Drilling is to be focussed on targets at the Two Mile West, Shillington Lower BIF, Hatton, Ridge North, Ridge West, Mt Klempt North, Mt Klempt South and Nugget Patch 1 and Nugget Patch Intrusive targets, with hole depths in the 40m to 150m depth range. Aurumin continues to evaluate additional targets for drilling.
Drilling is to be conducted under the previously announced agreement with Top Drill.
Aurumin's Managing Director, Brad Valiukas, commented:
“The previously completed auger programme successfully demonstrated the prospectivity of the tenement package that we have at Sandstone, by identifying multiple new targets, while exploring just a couple of kilometres from existing infrastructure.
“This drilling programme announced today is a direct follow on from that work, as we now seek to turn those targets into new deposits. We continue with a clear focus on generating the critical mass for future production, and on the mining leases is a great place to add ounces.
“With the completion of the capital raise, we now look forward to being back on the ground drilling, with other on ground work will continue in parallel.”
Aurumin Limited is an ASX-listed mineral exploration Company focused on two project areas in Western Australia.