- “Disruptor Prospect” RC/AC drilling campaign completed
- Highly encouraging visual results, with seven drill holes intersecting rocks of a similar nature to the potential carbonatite intersected in previously drilled TAM008 (Figure 1 and Figure 2)
- Minor sulphide mineralisation was observed in RC chips during the current program, with confirmation in the recently received petrology report from the earlier drilling program where trace Chalcopyrite and Pyrite was observed in thin section.
- Petrology has identified Albitite as a second rock type in the initial Disruptor hole TAM008.
- Rocks intersected display significant chlorite and micaceous mineralisation, highlighting the presence of hydrothermal alteration of pre-existing solid phases.
- The Prospect is currently interpreted to be hosted within a horst and graben system with significant alteration of a hornblendite intrusive with an elevated concentration of the mineral apatite and minor sulphide mineralisation.
- Assay results from three previously drilled proximal holes returned elevated Total Rare Earth Oxides (TREO) in clays. Highlights include:
- 8m at 1104ppm TREO (from 20m) including 3m at 1575ppm TREO – TAM007
- 4m at 766ppm TREO (from 3m) – TAM007
- Further clay samples to be sent for multielement assay, now the clear prospectivity for clay hosted REE mineralisation has been established.
Pinnacle Minerals Ltd (ASX: PIM) (“Pinnacle”, the “Company”) is pleased to announce that the Company has completed the follow up drilling campaign at the Disruptor Prospect east of Tambellup in Western Australia, with a total of 16 holes drilled for a total of 746m, with visual observations reinforcing and expanding on the drilling results from the original campaign completed in March 2023. In addition, assay results just received from the original drilling campaign, have returned elevated TREO’s, highlighting the potential for clay hosted REE’s in addition to the already identified hard rock potential.
Pinnacle Minerals Managing Director, Nic Matich, commented:
“Both the visual observations and assay results from the Disruptor Prospect indicate the potential for a mineralised REE system. The presence of chlorite / mica-rich hydrothermal alteration, the intersection of potential carbonatite rocks and the elevated REE’s in clay all point to the Disrupter Prospect being a significant discovery of a previously un-recognised geological system. The team is currently reviewing the field observations in conjunction with assay and petrology results to determine the next steps in advancing this exciting Prospect.”
Pinnacle Minerals Ltd (ASX: PIM) is an ASX listed technology minerals company focused on delivering shareholder value via the systematic exploration and development of its portfolio of kaolin, halloysite, battery metals and Heavy Mineral Sands prospective projects in Western Australia and South Australia. The Company is focused on delineating resources at its Bobalong and Holly Kaolin Projects in the Great Southern region of Western Australia whilst simultaneously expanding its’ project portfolio through targeted acquisition of prospective ground. Drilling and a scoping study have been completed at Bobalong, with results indicating the potential for a high value direct shipping ore (DSO) product. The White Knight and Camel Lake Projects are strategically located adjacent to Andromeda Metals’ (ASX: ADN) high-grade kaolin-halloysite discoveries in South Australia. The Latham and Tammin projects are adjacent to Chalice Mining Ltd (ASX: CHN) Mid-West Project and Anglo Americans’ (LON: AAL) Southwest Yilgarn Exploration Project respectively, which have multielement exploration potential.