A Monash expert is available to comment on the federal government'ss new $10 billion Housing Australia Future Fund, that will provide $500 million a year to build much-needed social housing.
Professor Mathew Aitchison, Director, Future Building Initiative and Interim CEO of Building 4.0 CRC, Professor of Architecture at Monash Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
Contact: M: +61 (0)422 705 263 E: Mathew.Aitchison@monash.edu
The following can be attributed to Professor Aitchison:
“Building 4.0 CRC welcomes the Commonwealth and State Government increases to the affordable housing spend, but to meet our housing targets, we need to find new ways of building more with less.
“To achieve this, we need to expand the discussion beyond funding alone to draw on new innovations across all building phases:
- Building Development: new business and ownership models, and new tools to streamline planning.
- Building Design: more flexibility, variety and efficient housing plans.
- Building Construction: more industrialised approaches, and a high-skill and diverse generation of construction workers.
- Building Operation: more efficient, lower energy building, which has longer lifespans.
- Building End-of-Life: more recycling and adaptive reuse of redundant buildings.”
For any other topics on which you may be seeking expert comment, contact the Monash University Media Unit on +61 3 9903 4840 or email@example.com