- Underserved youth at the heart of Schneider Electric Pacific Foundation’s work in 2023.
- Beacon Foundation, ATSIMA, and Raise Foundation have been named as the Schneider Electric Pacific Foundation’s charitable partners.
- Each chosen Australian partner will receive a share of AUD $800k over the course of three years.
- All partners have been chosen for their focus on education and social and professional integration.
Schneider Electric, a leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has announced the next round of its Pacific Foundation’s charitable partners.
Over the course of three years, the three chosen organisations: Beacon Foundation, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Mathematics Alliance (ATSIMA), and Raise Foundation will each receive a portion of AUD $800k.
“At Schneider Electric, we are partnering with charities that benefit underserved youth across the Pacific Zone. We are excited to announce our partnerships with these organisations that are making such a positive impact to this segment of the community,” said Tam Johnston, Head of Social Impact, Schneider Electric.
In addition to receiving vital funding, Schneider Electric will directly to support the chosen charitable organisations to support their vital work:
- Beacon Foundation: This foundation delivers career readiness programs across Australia to students in years 7-12, supporting them to have the aspiration, motivation, and ability to transition them to meaningful employment pathways. Schneider Electric staff will join in panel discussions and mock employment interviews with youth, in addition to funding an additional 25 High Impact Work Readiness sessions each year through the Beacon Foundation.
- ATSIMA: This First Nations-led organisation is committed to running STEM camps for First Nations students from Years 5-10. These camps have been designed to provide educational experiences and opportunities for participants to connect with Indigenous STEM professionals and cultural leaders, to inspire them towards STEM pathways. This partnership will allow 100 students to attend the camp each year.
- Raise Foundation: This early intervention mentoring program trains and provides volunteers to support young people navigating life’s challenges in high schools. As part of the partnership, an additional 40 youth will be able to take part in the program. Additionally, 15 Schneider Electric employees will spend two hours per week as Raise mentors this year.
All partnerships of the Foundation are formed by meeting criteria set out by Schneider Electric to ensure they are aligned with the company’s core values. Most importantly, all chosen charitable organisations focus on education and social and professional integration to support underserved youth in finding a pathway into employment.
“Schneider Electric is a champion of diversity, inclusion, and equity, making these three organisations a natural fit as new charitable partners. With so many charitable organisations in the Pacific region, it is important that we offer our assistance where we believe it will create the biggest impact,” added Tam.
All charitable partners announced in 2023 will receive funding and support from the Schneider Electric Pacific Foundation until the end of 2025.
For more information on the Schneider Electric Pacific Foundation, visit: https://www.se.com/au/en/about-us/sustainability/foundation/pacific-foundation.jsp
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.