9 June 2023: Moonstones - the birthstone of June, are captivating gemstones that possess a mesmerising ethereal beauty, and they’ll be the centre of the attention this weekend during TVSN’s Jewellery Winter Wonders, 11 June 2023 with free delivery.
In celebration of this underrated gemstone primarily found in Sri Lanka, Myanmar and India, here are five intriguing facts about moonstones we bet you didn’t know.
- The name ‘moonstone’ comes from their resemblance to the moon's soft, luminous glow. Their connection with a celestial body also lends aligns them to the idea of mystique and enchantment.
- A moonstone produces a billowy, floating glow that seems to originate from within the stone. This optical phenomenon is called adularescence which creates a shimmering appearance, reminiscent of moonlight passing through a thin veil of clouds.
- The moonstone belongs to the feldspar mineral family. The most common variety is called orthoclase, while the rarer, prized variety is called adularia. These gemstones are primarily composed of potassium aluminium silicate - a lustrous naturally occurring mineral.
- Contrary to what you may think, moonstones are available in a range of colours, including white, peach, grey, and even rainbow hues.
- Throughout history, moonstones held significance in various cultures. They were believed to embody the powers of the moon, associated with feminine energy, intuition, and spiritual enlightenment. Moonstones were considered sacred and associated with the lunar goddess Diana in ancient Rome.
Moonstones captivate with their otherworldly beauty, ancient symbolism, and alleged metaphysical properties, so if you’re looking for a gift for that special someone born in June (or any month), then be sure to explore our gorgeous, mesmerising moonstone collection this weekend during our Jewellery Winter Wonders.
#tvsn | #moonstone | #moonstonejewellery | #jewellerywinterwonders | #vcommerce | #digitalcommerce | #tvshopping | #digitalretail | #digitalretailing | #omnichannelretail | #retail | #experientialretail | #lovetvsn
- ENDS -
Australia and New Zealand's Premier Television Shopping Network, TVSN has entertained, informed and inspired customers for more than 27 years with exciting content, high quality products and exceptional customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From Beauty through to Fashion, Jewellery and Homewares categories, TVSN offers a curated choice of premium brands and products presented via leading experts and international celebrities, live demonstrations and customer testimonials.
TVSN has more than 100,000 5-star product reviews from satisfied customers across Australia and New Zealand. Each review is highly regulated to ensure quality assurance and legitimacy.
TVSN carries an extensive range of premium brands including Philips, Bose, and Sony, offering the latest in product launches and exclusive deals and offers.
International Celebrity Collections
Jane Seymour, Katherine Kelly Lang, and Dr Paul Nassif from television’s Botched! are all familiar faces on TVSN,
Home-grown Australian Brands
TVSN is proud to support Australian brands including The Beauty Chef, The Jojoba Company, Retreatment Botanics, and many more.
For media enquiries, interview requests, product sampling and images, please contact:
Brand Relationship Lead
E: PR@tvsn.com.au P: 02 8198 6138