Australia’s largest destination film festival - CinefestOZ – will take place in the beautiful surrounds of Western Australia’s Margaret River region from 29 August – 3 September, with an epic program of more than 200 film screenings and events, hosted at the region’s best cinemas, wineries, restaurants, boutique breweries, small bars and galleries.
Now in its 16th year, unique Australian stories are at the heart of the Festival, which celebrates the diversity of our country and its people through storytelling on film. The event provides guests with the opportunity to see of Australia’s best new films first at World and Australian premieres, and connect with filmmakers and talent, whilst indulging in the wonders of the Margaret River region.
The event also offers a coveted $100,000 film prize to an Australian feature film or documentary, which attracts a high calibre of entrants and A-List stars attached to the films. The four finalists up for the honour this year are Bromley: Light After Dark; Monolith; and MIFF@CinefestOZ films Shayda and The Rooster with the winner decided by a Jury of prominent Industry guests during the Festival.
One of the very appealing aspects of CinefestOZ is the perfect pairing of the region’s exquisite food and wine offering with the best of Australian film. Each Film Prize film or documentary is paired with a unique 'In Conversation' dining experience, where the filmmakers share with guests how they brought their projects to life, while enjoying sensational food at some of the South West’s best restaurants including Studio Bistro, Rustico at Hayshed Hill, Yarri and Shelter Brewery Busselton.
In addition to the four outstanding films that are up for the Film Prize – there are plenty more highlights including the World Premiere of thriller Bring Him To Me starring Sam Neill and Rachel Griffiths; the Australian Premiere of Ben Kingsley’s new sci-fi comedy Jules, produced by Debbie Liebling of South Park fame; and, a not-to-be missed music event with special guests celebrating EGO: The Michael Gudinski Story.
To view the full program and to purchase tickets visit www.cinefestoz.com
Whilst in the region, guests can experience the wonders of the Margaret River region, including:
- Making a stop at the iconic Busselton Jetty, which is the longest jetty in the Southern Hemisphere stretching an amazing 1.8 kilometers out to sea
- Spend the day sipping their way around the region on a Guided Wine tour or at their own pace with a skipper. There’s hundreds of cellar doors and world-class wineries from the prestigious icons such as Leeuwin Estate, Vasse Felix or Cullen Wines – to the new wave wonders like Blind Corner, Si Vintners or LS Merchants
- Breathe in the freshest air and epic views as you hike along the Cape to Cape Track
- Relax with a pampering experience at one of the region's luxe day spas
- Reconnect with nature on a guided horse-ride through the forests and beaches
- Be awe-struck by nature on a whale watching tour or swimming with wild dolphins at the Dolphin Discovery Centre in Bunbury
- Head underground to experience on of the region’s ancient cave structures that are peppered along the coastal road connecting Cape Naturaliste to Cape Leeuwin
- Taste the best of WA produce, art and culture at Origins Market Busselton or spend your day visiting the farms and artisans directly on your own gourmet and arts trail
- Celebrating its 16th year, Australia’s largest destination film festival CinefestOZ will take place in the beautiful Margaret River region of Western Australia from August 29 to September 3 2023.
- Unique Australian stories are at the heart of the Festival, which celebrates the diversity of our country and its people through storytelling on film, awarding a lucrative $100,000 Film Prize (the largest for Australian film in the country).
- CinefestOZ has cultivated a reputation as both an industry event and destination film festival, with guests having the opportunity to see some of Australia’s best new films first, connect with filmmakers and visiting talent, and attend red-carpet premieres and events at the region’s cinemas, wineries, restaurants, boutique breweries, small bars and galleries.
Sarah Turnbull - St Creative Director
M: 0423 881 272