ABE are pleased to present a briefing and discussion over breakfast
Climate Change, Australia’s Role as a Renewable Energy Superpower and the Role of Financial Markets in the Race to Net Zero
Tuesday 15 August 2023, 07:15 am to 09:30 am
The Hon Chris Bowen MP
Minister for Climate Change and Energy
And a panel discussion with Nicki Hutley (independent economist and Climate Councillor), Guy Debelle (Fortescue Future Industries), Geoff Summerhayes (Zurich Australia and New Zealand). Our speakers have agreed to take questions from the audience.
MEDIA WELCOME - Details
In-room only. Registration in advance is essential. Simply email email@example.com
Venue: KPMG Sydney, Level 38, Tower 3, 300 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney
A light breakfast will be served.
Enquiries: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0419 256 339.
This event is generously sponsored by Deutsche Bank
There is an increasing urgency to the climate transition that is creating immense risks and opportunities for the Australian economy and financial markets. This event will explore Australia’s rise as a renewable energy superpower and the role of financial markets in the race to net zero through topics including:
- Upfront cost of the transition vs long-run benefits
- Macroeconomic implications - growth, inflation, productivity - of unchecked emissions
- How capital will respond to Australia's very large Scope 3 emissions from fossil fuel exports in combination with policies such as the US Inflation Reduction Act
- The call on investors to get to net zero and the impediments they may face
- Viability and frameworks for offset markets
- Risks and opportunities for financial markets including dislocations, regulatory issues.
Australian Business Economists (ABE) aims to encourage greater understanding of economic issues by fostering debate in the financial markets, business and commercial sectors and across the community in general. Visit us at: abe.org.au
Tony Westmore, email: email@example.com, phone: 0419 256 339