IEU-QNT Branch Secretary Terry Burke said employees had no choice but to take strike action.
“Queensland Catholic school employers have failed to take the steps needed to protect working and learning conditions in their schools,” Mr Burke said.
“We have a workload crisis in our schools that needs to be addressed.
“Meanwhile, support staff in Queensland Catholic schools are still paid outdated and unfair wage rates.
“There are some significant challenges facing Queensland Catholic schools which have major impacts on staff and students.
“Our members are taking this action to raise the alarm that things need to change – it’s time the employers heard our voice,” Mr Burke said.
Darling Downs Catholic school staff are part of 4000 IEU members taking strike action across 106 Catholic schools tomorrow.
Darling Downs Catholic schools where IEU-QNT members are striking tomorrow:
- Our Lady Of Lourdes Primary School, Toowoomba
- St Anthony's School, Toowoomba
- St Francis De Sales School, Clifton
- St Joseph's College, Toowoomba
- St Joseph's School, Chinchilla
- St Mary's College, Toowoomba
- St Mary's School, Warwick
- St Monica's School, Oakey
- St Patrick's School, Allora
- St Saviour's College, Toowoomba
- St Saviour's Primary School, Toowoomba
- St Thomas More's Primary School, Toowoomba
- St Ursula's College, Toowoomba
The Independent Education Union – Queensland and Northern Territory (IEU-QNT) represents more than 17,000 teachers, school support staff, principals, early childhood education and VET and RTO employees across Queensland and the Northern Territory. www.ieuqnt.org.au
Laura Wise, IEU-QNT Communications Manager: email@example.com / 0419 653 131