At 10am today Governor-General, David Hurley, will officially launch National Child Protection week at Admiralty House, Kirribilli.
In attendance will be NAPCAN CEO Leesa Waters, who will be calling on the Commonwealth Government to initiate a National Summit to Prevent Child Maltreatment.
Also behind the call for the National Summit and attending today’s launch and available for comment include:
- Professor Daryl Higgins, Institute of Child Protection Studies, ACU
- Associate Professor Tim Moore, Institute of Child Protection Studies, ACU
- Simon Schrapel AM, Chief Executive, UnitingCommunities SA & former ACOSS President
Other attendees at the launch and available for media include:
- Anne Hollonds, National Children’s Commissioner
- Natalie Siegel-Brown, Australian Productivity Commission
- Kirrily Dear, Run Against Violence Founder
- Moo Baulch, OurWatch Chair
Subjects of expertise include:
- Call for National Summit to Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
- How to prevent child abuse in our communities
- Children and domestic violence
- Children and emotional abuse
- Economic impacts of child maltreatment
- Australian Child Maltreatment Study
Start of National Child Protection Week.
Media photo opportunity and interviews with Governor-General at Admiralty House, Sydney at 10am.
NAPCAN is the National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect. NAPCAN coordinates National Child Protection Week annually with support from the Department of Social Services and many organisations and individuals across Australia.
RSVP text by 9am for attendance
0410 541 997