Loyal Lithium Limited (ASX:LLI) (Loyal Lithium, LLI, or the Company) is pleased to announce that it plans to commence an initial drilling program at its Trieste Lithium Project in late September. The drilling will target Dyke #01, a large, prominent weather-resistant outcrop ridge with a mapped surface expression of 4,000m2 with an approximate length of 200m and an apparent maximum width up to 35m (Figure 1). Dyke #01 is the largest outcrop by surface area and topographic prominence of the five spodumene-bearing pegmatite dykes discovered during the recent field mapping and sits within a 400m long zone of interest (Photo 1). Dyke #01 is located on mineral claims held by Trieste Lithium Project Inc. (a 100% owned subsidiary of the Company). The drill results, in addition to planned geophysical work, will provide valuable information about the potential of the project and inform a more substantial drilling program planned for the upcoming Canadian winter.
- Drilling at the Trieste Lithium Project is set to begin in late-September.
- The focus will be on Dyke #01, a significant weather-resistant outcrop ridge with a surface expression of 4,000m^2 within a 400m long zone.
- Dyke #01 stands out as the largest dyke discovered during the recent field mapping program.
- Initial drill results will pave the way for a more extensive drilling program in the upcoming Canadian winter.
- Loyal Lithium's discovery of five distinct spodumene-bearing pegmatite dykes is a first in the Trieste Greenstone Belt, apart from the known spodumene pegmatites of Winsome Resources' Adina-Jamar discovery, situated 14 km west.
- This discovery complements Loyal Lithium’s existing Canadian hard rock portfolio, which includes drill-tested spodumene pegmatite dykes at the Hidden Lake Lithium Project, NWT, Canada.
Loyal Lithium’s Managing Director, Mr. Adam Ritchie, commented: "We are excited to commence drilling at this really promising project. The swift engagement of a drilling contractor and the coordination of this initial drilling program are a testament to the dedication of the Loyal Lithium team and our partners at the Trieste Lithium Project.” “The large-scale project is underexplored and untouched by recent bushfires, so it is covered in thick vegetation that may be concealing extensions of what already appear to be large spodumene-bearing pegmatite dykes. The initial drill results from Dyke #01 will also provide valuable information about the local geology that will be utilised to plan future drilling.”
Loyal Lithium Limited (ASX: LLI) is a well-structured listed resource exploration company with projects in Tier 1 North American mining jurisdictions in the Northwest Territories, Canada, James Bay Lithium District in Quebec, Canada and Nevada, USA. Through the systematic exploration of its projects, the Company aims to delineate JORC compliant resources, creating value for its shareholders.