- Loyal Lithium and Winsome Resources have signed a collaboration Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on a range of objectives mutually applicable to the companies’ nearby James Bay lithium projects.
- The MOU demonstrates commitment to minimising environmental and stakeholder impacts of operations occurring within the Trieste greenstone region.
- The Adina Lithium Project and Trieste Lithium Project are located within 14km of each other, sharing common stakeholders and the potential for shared infrastructure solutions.
- Multiple collaboration opportunities have already been identified to minimise duplication and result in significant cost and time savings.
- Loyal Lithium’s discovery of the five distinct spodumene bearing pegmatite dykes was the first occurrence within the Trieste greenstone region outside of the known spodumene bearing pegmatites of Winsome Resources’ (ASX:WR1) Adina discovery.
- Drilling at the Trieste Lithium Project is planned to commence in late-September.
Loyal Lithium Limited (ASX:LLI) (Loyal Lithium, LLI, or the Company) is pleased to announce that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Winsome Resources (ASX:WR1) (Winsome) to foster collaboration aimed at minimising the environmental and local footprint of exploration and mining activities in the Trieste greenstone region.
The primary objective of this MOU is to harness exploration synergies, streamline government approvals through coordinated strategies, and facilitate the development of lithium mines within Quebec's James Bay region — a Tier 1 mining jurisdiction. Notably, both lithium projects are situated within 14 kilometers of each other, offering significant opportunities for synergy and efficiency.
The MOU's immediate focus is on cost reduction in exploration activities by eliminating redundant workflows and leveraging regional and local infrastructure. As the projects progress, the integration of mining and infrastructure concepts will become pivotal in minimising environmental impacts and complying with modern mining regulatory requirements.
Loyal Lithium’s Managing Director, Mr. Adam Ritchie, commented: "This Collaboration MOU with Winsome Resources simply formalises the cooperative spirit within the mining industry. As Loyal progresses with more advanced exploration at the Trieste Lithium Project our commitment to minimise environment and stakeholder impacts is critical.”
“With many alternative lithium sources available globally, collaboration is essential to ensure a cost-effective domestic lithium supply is realised. Although early days - discoveries to date indicate that the Trieste greenstone region could play an important role in the emerging North America lithium supply chain.”
Loyal Lithium Limited (ASX: LLI) is a well-structured listed resource exploration company with projects in Tier 1 North American mining jurisdictions in the Northwest Territories, Canada, James Bay Lithium District in Quebec, Canada and Nevada, USA. Through the systematic exploration of its projects, the Company aims to delineate JORC compliant resources, creating value for its shareholders.