On Monday 18th September, UNSW will launch a new research institute offering advice to industry on how to assess and respond to climate change.
The Institute for Climate Risk & Response (ICRR) brings together UNSW experts in climate science, behavioural science, economic science, law and governance.
“The research developed by the Institute will help create a new generation of climate literate leaders and managers in industry and government. They will be a generation of leaders who are able to understand and communicate complex climate information into actionable and effective solutions as we seek to mitigate and adapt to climate risks,” UNSW Provost, Scientia Professor Vlado Perkovic said.
WHAT: Launch of the UNSW Institute for Climate Risk & Response
- Hon Matt Thistlethwaite MP, Federal Member for Kingsford Smith, Assistant Minister for Defence, Veterans’ Affairs and the Republic
- UNSW Provost, Scientia Professor Vlado Perkovic
- UNSW Professor Ben Newell, Director, ICRR
- UNSW Professor David Grant, Senior Deputy Director, ICRR
- UNSW A/Professor Scott Donald, Deputy Director, ICRR
WHEN: Monday 18 September 2023, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
WHERE: 1 O'Connell Street Level 7 Sydney, NSW 2000 (UNSW CBD Campus)
ORDER OF EVENTS:
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Welcome Drinks
6:00 pm - 6:20 pm: Official Launch
6:20 pm - 6:45 pm: Panel discussion on Climate Risk and Response: The Challenges Ahead
6:45 pm - 6:55 pm: Q & A
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Drinks & Canapes
Larissa Baiocchi, 0452 229 349, firstname.lastname@example.org