Mont Royal Resources Limited (“Mont Royal”, the “Company”) (ASX:MRZ) is thrilled to unveil its initial exploration findings from the first phase of the Lithium exploration program at the renowned Northern Lights Project, located in the prolific Upper Eastmain Greenstone Belt in Quebec, Canada.
Highlights from the Exploration Program:
1. Exploration Breakthroughs: Exploration achievements have been realized across two distinct territories – Bohier and Léran projects.
2. Bohier Discoveries: Outcropping Spodumene-bearing pegmatites have been identified in the South-West corner of the property, specifically in two outcrops (30m2 and 45m2) spaced 16m apart. These are situated in a substantial 500m-wide greenstone unit that stretches an impressive 15km on the property.
3. Eastmain Léran Developments: A significant pegmatite boulder field has been discovered up-ice of a known Li-pegmatite boulder that was initially found in 2016. It is theorized that the origin of the boulder is located in the greenstones, less than 1 km to the North-East. The boulder field spans approximately 400m2, with some lithium pegmatite boulders measuring up to a striking 4m-wide.
4. Immediate Sample Analysis: Grab samples from the newfound areas have been dispatched to Actlabs for an immediate chemical assay analysis. Results from the analysis are eagerly anticipated within the forthcoming 2-4 weeks.
5. Upcoming Second Phase: Mont Royal is set to initiate the Second Phase program in mid-September. This will encompass a wide range of activities, including trenching, a gravimetry survey, LIDAR, and added detailed prospection. The goal is to broaden the footprint of both promising discovery zones.
Mont Royal continues to forge ahead with its dual-focused exploration venture, encompassing both the Bohier and Eastmain Léran projects. The company has embarked on a comprehensive prospection agenda that integrates trenching and soil sampling. This is aimed at categorizing and prioritizing drill-ready targets for the upcoming Autumn exploration season. Furthermore, samples from both projects have been expedited to Actlabs in Val d’or, Quebec. The company pledges to promptly release the initial results upon receipt.
Mont Royal Executive Director, Peter Ruse, commented: “Mont Royal is encouraged with the two highly prospective early-stage discoveries across both the Bohier and the Eastmain Leran projects. Samples from the labs expected in the near term; should give us an accurate indication of what we have discovered at Bohier and Eastmain Leran. I’m very pleased to report our exploration teams and consultants will be returning to the field in mid-September clearly demonstrating the Board’s excitement in regard to these early developments from the field.”
Mont Royal Resources Limited (ASX:MRZ) is an Australian company incorporated for the purpose of pursuing various mining opportunities in the resources sector, with the aim of building shareholder value by acquiring, exploring, evaluating and exploiting mineral resource project opportunities.