Summit Minerals Limited (Summit or the Company) is thrilled to announce the initiation of field exploration for lithium-bearing pegmatites at the Castor Lithium Project located in the James Bay region of Quebec, Canada. This significant step forward is a result of a strategic partnership with the esteemed lithium-focused geological consultancy, Critical Discoveries Corporation (CDC).
Key Highlights Include:
- The commencement of field exploration at the Castor lithium project in James Bay, Quebec.
- A strategic partnership with the renowned lithium exploration consultancy, Critical Discoveries Corporation (CDC). More about CDC can be found on their website: https://criticaldiscoveries.ca.
- Identification of 228 interpreted pegmatite occurrences within the Castor project through satellite imagery.
- Active field reconnaissance by the CDC team, focusing on the southern and central targets, especially those easily accessible near the James Bay Road and powerlines.
- Following a recent EGM, Summit has secured formal ownership of 80% of the Castor Lithium Project.
CDC boasts a team of industry stalwarts with a specialization in lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) pegmatites. They are celebrated for their unique and collaborative approach to every project they undertake. With a proven track record in mining operations, as well as greenfield and brownfield exploration, CDC has cultivated strategic alliances with geophysical and drilling service providers. Summit stands to gain immensely from these partnerships, as they bring together a plethora of services under one management umbrella, offering a distinct edge in the industry.
Summit Minerals Limited is optimistic about the future prospects of the Castor Lithium Project and believes that the collaboration with CDC will pave the way for groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in the lithium exploration sector.
Exploration Manager, Mr Jonathan King, stated,
“Following recent delays due to wildfires and subsequent workforce shortages in the region, we are very excited to finally get on the ground at Castor and begin our field exploration program. Over the last few months, we have been working diligently to refine our targets for this program, giving us the best chance of exploration success”.
Summit Minerals Limited is an Australian-focused ASX-listed battery mineral exploration Company with a portfolio of projects in demand-driven commodities. It is focused on systematically exploring and developing its projects to delineate multiple JORC-compliant resources.