Sydney, Australia – 6 September 2023. TVSN introduces the Queensland Sapphire this week during their sapphire miniseries event in celebration of September’s birthstone of the month from 4-8 September 2023.
In this sapphire miniseries instalment, TVSN celebrates the rare and beautiful Queensland Sapphire and will be shining the spotlight on this mesmerising beauty that boasts a rich history.
Here are TVSN’s top eight (8) facts about Queensland Sapphires:
- Queensland Sapphires are known for their deep, rich midnight blue colour and exceptional transparency which are carefully faceted to maximise their brilliance and lustre.
- Queensland Sapphires offer eye-clean clarity which makes them incredibly attractive and popular with jewellers and jewellery collectors.
- Most Queensland Sapphires are blue and range from pastel blue to midnight blue.
- Queensland Sapphire crystals range in size from a grain of sand to the size of a pea, typically yielding small accent gems to two-carat gemstones.
- Recent mining endeavours in Queensland's remote Central Highlands Region, particularly at the Anakie Gem Fields, have reignited global interest in Queensland Sapphires.
- The rarest and most valuable of the Queensland Sapphire is the Wattle Queensland Sapphire. They only represent approximately less than three percent of Australian Sapphire.
- FURA Gems, a leading global gemstone company that has acquired mining operations in Queensland is actively working to revive the Queensland Sapphire market and support local communities through various initiatives, highlighting responsible and environmentally conscious practices.
- In the late 80s, Australia was the world's leading producer of Sapphires, supplying 70% of the global market.
TVSN invites gemstone enthusiasts and collectors to join us this week as we explore the world of Queensland Sapphires and other rainbow-coloured sapphires and their remarkable journey from the Australian outback to the exquisite jewellery pieces we’ll be showcasing every day this week.
You won’t want to miss this so make sure to log on to www.tvsn.com.au or download the TVSNnow App from your Google or Play Store.
#tvsn | #lovetvsn | #sapphires | #queenslandsapphires | #vcommerce | #digitalcommerce | #tvshopping | #digitalretail | #digitalretailing | #omnichannelretail | #retail | #experientialretail
- ENDS -
Introduction of the Queensland Sapphire
Australia and New Zealand's Premier Television Shopping Network, TVSN has entertained, informed and inspired customers for more than 27 years with exciting content, high quality products and exceptional customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From Beauty through to Fashion, Jewellery and Homewares categories, TVSN offers a curated choice of premium brands and products presented via leading experts and international celebrities, live demonstrations and customer testimonials.
TVSN has more than 100,000 5-star product reviews from satisfied customers across Australia and New Zealand. Each review is highly regulated to ensure quality assurance and legitimacy.
TVSN carries an extensive range of premium brands including Philips, Bose, and Sony, offering the latest in product launches and exclusive deals and offers.
International Celebrity Collections
Jane Seymour, Katherine Kelly Lang, and Dr Paul Nassif from television’s Botched! are all familiar faces on TVSN,
Home-grown Australian Brands
TVSN is proud to support Australian brands including The Beauty Chef, The Jojoba Company, Retreatment Botanics, and many more.
For media inquiries, interview requests, product sampling, and images, please contact:
Brand Relationship Lead