Lime, the world’s largest provider of shared electric bikes and scooters, has launched Australia’s first Helmet Hair Salon in collaboration with leading hair agency, Edwards and Co., offering Melburnian e-riders and e-bikers free hair styling education appointments on Monday 23 October.
The Lime and Edwards and Co. collaboration also counters the call-out from the near one-in-five (19%) bike/scooter riders who say the potential of post-ride helmet hair is a deterrent.
The ‘serious’ aim of this fun initiative is to demonstrate that bad hair day fears should never be a barrier to safe and sustainable e-bike and e-scooter riding.
There are 40 complimentary 30-minute appointments available between 9am and 2pm at Edwards and Co.’s salon in Fitzroy, courtesy of Lime. The following styling options are available for the free appointments:
- dry styling (please ensure hair is clean beforehand), such as curling, beach waves and straightening
- helmet hair prevention prep, including how to do the perfect braids (i.e. dutch, bubble, halo) and stylish slicked back or low ponytails
- dry cuts for men.
Edwards and Co. professional stylists will provide advice on how to prevent and fix ‘helmet hair’ of all lengths and textures, such as:
- make sure your hair is dry – popping a helmet over wet hair will only put you on a fast track to flat lifeless locks
- invest in high quality hair wax – cheap alternatives just don’t cut it in the style-holding stakes when helmets are involved
- a pre-ride spritz of texturising spray or dry shampoo as well as a ‘structured’ style, such as a braid or low bun, can make a big difference to your ‘do’ when you reach your destination
- wearing a silk head scarf under your helmet helps reduce friction and keeps your hair smooth and frizz-free.
Jump on Trybooking to book a free appointment with an expert stylist, courtesy of Lime. The first round of appointments for Monday 23 October will be made available at 9am on Monday 16 October on a first-come, first-served basis.
The link for Trybooking can be accessed here.
Lime’s mission is to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. As the world's largest provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes and scooters to service any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 400 million rides in more than 250 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership.
Contact: Bria Rechner firstname.lastname@example.org|
0434 211 480