Communities urged to help reduce consumer waste and support people struggling with cost of living
- Good360 is urging communities to help redirect millions of unsold consumer products such as clothes, toys and furniture away from landfill to Australians in need.
- Every week Good360 receives five skip bins worth of products that would otherwise have been wasted, and sends these products to people in financial distress.
- Good360 currently supports 3,000 Aussies in need every day, however the cost-of-living crisis has seen a huge increase in demand for Good360’s support.
- Good350 is calling on communities to support its ‘EveryOne Day’ fundraising drive (kicking off on Thursday 12 October) in a bid to re-direct $100 million of unsold consumer goods to people struggling with the cost of living.
- Some of Australia’s biggest retailers and brands are supporting EveryOne Day with Big W, Harvey Norman, IKEA Australia, LJ Hooker and Appliances Online all involved.
- Every week Good360 receives the equivalent of five skip bins worth of products such as clothes, homewares, appliances, toiletries and toys from retailers that would otherwise have been wasted.
- The cost-of-living crisis and has resulted in a 20% increase in the volume of unsold products donated to Good360 from businesses over the last 12 months.
- A Deloitte Access Economics report commissioned by Good360 in 2022 found $2.5 billion of unsold household goods are wasted by businesses every year.
- Good360 supports 3,000 Aussies in need every day, however the cost-of-living crisis has seen a huge increase in demand for Good360’s support over the last 12 months.
- The latest ABS retail data shows spending is flat, while retailers have warned spending over Christmas could also flatline – potentially resulting in consumer goods going to landfill and waste.
- Every $1 dollar raised through EveryOne Day will help redirect $20 worth of products to someone in need.
Good360 is an Australian charity that redirects unsold consumer goods such as clothes, toys, toiletries, homewares and furniture to Australians in need via a network of over 3,700 charities and disadvantaged schools across the country.
Chris Williams – 0480 386 879 / email@example.com