MEDIA INVITATION: Friday October 20, 10am to 11.30am at CBUS Stadium
Meet some of the drivers and see some of the trucks of the world famous Monster Jam® at CBUS Stadium before the two huge shows on Saturday.
Media are invited to CBUS Stadium on Friday at 10am to meet some of the drivers and see some of the trucks of the world famous Monster Jam® which roars into action on Saturday on the Gold Coast for the first time in history.
Monster Jam® is the most unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable motorsports experience for families and fans in the world today with world champion athletes and their 12,000-pound monster trucks tearing up the dirt in wide-open competitions of speed and skill. A stadium-only event, the competition is the biggest, boldest and loudest of its kind, and it’s the first time Monster Jam® has returned to Australia from the USA in six years. In addition to seeing heated rivalries, high-flying stunts and fierce head-to-head battles, Gold Coast fans will welcome four original Monster Jam® trucks taking on four Marvel Monster Jam® trucks.
Attending the media call on Friday will be:
- Driver Charlie Pauken and his truck Megalodon® - they currently lead the Australian championships! About Charlie here
- Driver Myranda Cozad and her Marvel truck, Thor, on the Gold Coast for the first time in history. About Myranda here
- Trucks will remain stationary, media will be able to sit in the trucks.
- Two Supercar drivers will also be attending to meet the Monster Jam drivers and look over the trucks - James Golding and Cam Waters.
- Time lapse vision of the transformation of CBUS Stadium overnight will be provided and the stadium will be under construction; around 3,060 cubic metres of dirt (500 truckloads) will be dumped on the field, which is being transformed into a track complete with ramps and other obstacles.
- B-roll of Monster Jam in action will be provided.
**Please confirm with Kath Rose if attending on Friday, for access confirmation and more.
Parking and Meeting:
Please meet at Gate A reception to sign-in.
Parking is outside on Stadium Drive. Venue map here.
Note if no parking at the front area (they are generally plentiful), there is the carpark under the Vue apartments directly across the road off Stadium Drive, as below.
ABOUT Monster Jam®
Monster Jam drivers are trained, world-class male and female athletes who have mastered not only the physical strength and mental stamina needed to compete, but the vital dexterity to control 12,000-pound machines capable of doing backflips, vertical two-wheel skills and racing at speeds up to 70 miles-per-hour to produce jaw-dropping, live motorsports action seen around the world. Some impressive Monster Jam facts include:
- Each engine delivers about 1,500 horsepower
- It takes 1,500-man hours to build and remove a track
- 113 litres of paint are used to paint the track and obstacles
The full driver and truck lineup includes:
- Megalodon® driven by Charlie Pauken
- The Amazing Spider-Man driven by Bernard Lyght
- Thor - driven by Myranda Cozad
- El Toro Loco® driven by Chelsea VanCleave
- Grave Digger® driven by Matt Cody
- Max-D™ driven by Blake Granger
- Iron Man driven by Brandon Arthur
- Black Panther driven by Bari Musawwir
TWO SHOWS ON SATURDAY 21 October 2023 at 1:00pm and 7:00pm
0416 291 493