Schneider Electric, a leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the winners of Schneider Go Green, an annual competition that invites university students from around the globe to share their ideas for innovations that can help make the world cleaner, more inclusive, and more sustainable.
Eight teams – each representing one region of the world, and each composed of up to four members – were selected as global winners, having presented their disruptive ideas on circularity and energy efficiency in buildings to a judging panel of executives. They are:
- Pacific region: Team Aussies from Charles Darwin University and Queensland University of Technology (Australia).
- East Asia and Japan: Team DPHack from Singapore Institute of Technology and Nanyang Technological University (Singapore).
- North America: Team Sun Devil Sparks from Arizona State University and University of Louisville (USA).
- South America: Team Aquaenergy from Facultad de Ingeniería y Ciencias Aplicadas (Equador).
- Greater China: Zhejiang University Team (China).
- Europe: Team Elk Suggestions from Instituto Superior Técnico (Portugal).
- Greater India: Team Tetra from the Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune (India).
- Middle East and Africa: Team Skylarks from National University of Sciences and Technology (Pakistan).
First launched in 2011, the competition is open to bachelor’s or master’s students worldwide studying Business, Engineering, Marketing, or Innovation-related courses. In 2023, more than 19,000 students from over 70 countries registered for the event, and more than 4,000 submitted their sustainable and innovative ideas.
"Students are not just the future workforce; they are co-creators of our sustainable future and a source of innovative ideas to make it possible,” said Olivier Blum, Executive Vice President of Schneider Electric's Energy Management business and sponsor of the Go Green competition in 2023. “Congratulations to this year’s winners. I hope your insatiable curiosity and positive energy will inspire others to share bold and impactful innovations in the years ahead."
Schneider’s Go Green challenge gives students a chance to work on real-life case studies and network with fellow students. All the finalist teams were mentored by Schneider Electric executives to prepare their pitches for the judges. The winning teams will travel to an international event to celebrate their bold ideas and are also invited to a job interview that may lead to a position at Schneider Electric.
For a flavor of the competition from the perspective of last year’s winners, Team GreenOverMorrow from Morocco, click here.
Learn more about Schneider Electric’s sustainability impact program, particularly its commitments to fostering learning, upskilling and developing the next generation.
Eight global winners chosen from thousands of submissions
Winners to meet at major event in 2024
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centre, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.