The Australasian Railway Association (ARA) hosted its 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday 13 November 2023.
The following outcomes were confirmed at the meeting:
- ARA members endorsed a constitutional change to include an additional General Director – Manufacturers and Suppliers to increase the representation of this sector on the ARA Board to three directors.
- Election of two General Directors – Manufacturers and Suppliers:
- Pascal Dupond, Managing Director, Alstom Australia and New Zealand
- Raphaelle Guerineau, CEO and Managing Director Australia and New Zealand, Siemens Mobility
- Endorsement of Paul Scurrah, CEO, Pacific National as a General Director – Rail Freight until the 2024 AGM. Mr Scurrah was appointed by the Board to fill a casual vacancy following the resignation of Mark Campbell, previous Managing Director and CEO, Australian Rail Track Corporation, on 31 July 2023.
- Endorsement of Rebecca Want, Market Leader – Transport, GHD and Chair of the ARA Women in Rail Committee as an ARA Board Appointed Director until the 2025 AGM to reflect the importance of the diversity and inclusion work of the ARA.
- Re-election of Danny Broad as Independent Chair of the ARA until the 2024 AGM.
The ARA Strategic Plan was ratified by the ARA Board on 26 July 2022. CEO Caroline Wilkie provided on activities throughout the year and plans for 2024.
Mr Broad confirmed a quorum of ARA members were present at the meeting in accordance with the ARA Constitution. He also thanked the candidates who nominated for ARA General Directors – Manufacturers and Suppliers positions, noting the strong interest from senior rail executives to contribute to the future of the rail industry and the ARA.
Broad noted that the ARA Board will benefit from the addition of two OEMs to represent the manufacturing and supplier membership of the ARA and industry more broadly.
The ARA extended its thanks and acknowledged the significant contributions of former Board members Mark Campbell and Todd Garvey who stepped down during the year.
Natasha Wallace, Senior Strategic Communications Manager, 0499 272 672.