COLES GOES TO GREAT LENGTHS TO WIN MOST-AWARDED RETAILER FOR FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW
2024 Product of the Year Awards recognises 19 Coles products across fresh meat, baked goods,
grocery staples and treats for furry friends
Thanks to votes from thousands of Aussies, Coles has received accolades for 19 Coles Exclusive and Own Brand products from across the supermarket aisles at the prestigious 2024 Product of the Year awards.
The most-awarded retailer for the fourth year running, Coles collected top gongs across a range of categories, including fresh meat, bakery, pantry and pet food.
Product of the Year is the world’s largest consumer-voted awards program that recognises product innovation, and serves as a shortcut for shoppers to help them save time and money when finding the right products.
The complete list of 19 award-winning products exclusive to Coles are:
- Coles Joyful Protein Bar Range 5 pack
- Coles Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Baking Mix 500g
- Coles Ultimate Gluten Free 40% Chocolate Chip Cookies 252g
- Coles Finest All Butter Puff Pastry Cheese Mini Twists 75g
- Coles BOM Dairy Free Chocolate Liquid Breakfast 3 pack
- Coles Finest Belgian Dark Chocolate range 100g
- Coles Flame Grilled Burger Sauce 360g
- Cucina Matese Triple Cheese Pasta Sauce 550g
- Coles Finest Mini Tart Selection 6pk
- Dreams Crumb True Lemon Meringue Cupcake 2pk
- Coles Finest Thick & Juicy Beef Burgers 2 Pack 300g
- Coles Finest Australian Lamb Shanks with Massaman Curry Sauce1kg
- Coles Finest Beef with Margaret River Shiraz Sausages 500g
- Coles Finest Spanish Truffle 3 Month Matured Cheese 140G
- Coles PerForm Build Chicken Filled Tortellini Pasta 360g
- Coles Sweet Potato Waffle Fries 500g
- KOi Shampoo Bar 100g
- KOi Foaming Handwash Starter Kit 40g
- Woofin' Good Peanut Butter Flavour Dog Treat Biscuits 800g
Coles General Manager Own Brand Charlotte Rhodes said the supermarket was proud to be recognised for this year’s awards across a number of popular categories.
“Customers are at the heart of what we do at Coles, and we are thrilled to be recognised by them for 19 awards across a broad range of categories — from decadent Belgian dark chocolate to our amazing convenient range of ready meals. Our aisles are stocked with award-winning products,” she said.
“We work with a passionate team of development chefs, farmers, product developers, and food specialists who have gone to great lengths to create our high-quality, innovative products that customers won’t be able to find anywhere else.”
“Our Own Brand and exclusive products help household budgets go further by offering innovative products which cater to the differing needs of our customers.”
This year’s survey revealed 30% of participants supported shopping at Coles due to the supermarket’s appealing own brands, and great value deals and promotions. 
The Coles Finest range was a multi-award winner this year, securing seven category awards across sweet and savoury, including popular dinner staples and Australian-fresh meat products — Coles Finest Thick & Juicy Beef Burgers, Coles Finest Australian Lamb Shanks with Massaman Curry Sauce and Coles Finest Beef with Margaret River Shiraz Sausages.
Customers looking to indulge in an award-winning Coles Finest sweet treat can shop the high-quality and expertly crafted premium Coles Finest Belgian Dark Chocolate range — produced from a fourth-generation Belgian chocolatier recipe — or a Coles Finest Mini Tart Selection of golden, all-butter shortcrust pastry cups, filled with a variety of luxuriously delicious flavours, including Lemon Meringue, Mocha and Raspberry Pistachio Tarts.
Product of the Year Director Sarah Connelly said the awards were a reflection of Coles’ success in building its Own Brand range, offering customers products they know and trust.
“For the fourth year, Coles has held its leading retailer title for its award-winning products that continue to raise the bar when it comes to innovation, quality and value for money — speaking to what customers are looking for when they step into a supermarket.”
Product of the Year is Australia’s largest independent consumer survey involving more than 5,000 consumers. A jury panel tests each product to ensure they meet the entry criteria before consumers are asked to vote for category winners.
Product of the Year was founded in France in 1987 and the competition now takes places in over 40 countries, including Australia since 2010.
For media enquiries, please contact
Coles Media Line (03) 9829 5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
 Source: Product of the Year Australia 2023 -Diagnostic Report 2024. NielsenIQ