Farmers for Climate Action will bring together farmers, experts, and community members at Lewisham Farm in the Northern Midlands on 24 November for a field day covering sustainable agriculture, climate resilience, and environmental conservation.
Summer is fast approaching and conditions for many farmers are getting hotter and drier. This field day will share information, ideas and solutions to respond to the challenges of El Niño and a changing climate, in particular around fire preparedness and supporting biodiversity.
Farmers from all backgrounds are invited to attend this free event.
Date: 24 November 2023
Time: 10 AM - 2 PM
Location: Lewisham Farm (‘Lewisham’ 10629 Midland Highway, Ross)
Participants will have the opportunity to hear from experts and farmers including:
- Anthony Houston: Founder of Houston's Farm and climate action advocate.
- David Bowman: Renowned bushfire scientist and biodiversity protector.
- Colette Glazik: Nuffield Scholar focusing on carbon-neutral wool production.
- Jon Finch: Entomologist studying insect declines and revegetation.
- Rae Young: Innovative farmer transforming revegetation practices.
Farmers for Climate Action is a non-profit and independent organisation that represents more than 8,000 farmers from across Australia. For more information about Farmers for Climate Action, please visit our website.
Anthony Houston 0417 577 884