Pinnacle Minerals Limited (ASX: PIM), a leading mineral exploration company, is delighted to announce the successful completion of its first-pass ground reconnaissance program at the Adina East Project in the highly prospective LaGrande belt of the James Bay area, Northern Québec.
This milestone achievement comes on the heels of Pinnacle's recent conditional agreement to acquire the Adina East Project, highlighting the Company's commitment to advancing its exploration efforts in this promising region.
Key Highlights of the Reconnaissance Program:
- Identification of Multiple Aluminous Pegmatite Outcrops: Pinnacle's field team conducted thorough ground reconnaissance and identified numerous instances of aluminous pegmatite outcrops and boulders at the surface within the project area.
- Discovery of Aluminous Minerals: During the reconnaissance program, aluminous minerals including tourmaline, beryl, garnet, and muscovite were identified in multiple pegmatite outcrops and boulders. These minerals are commonly associated with spodumene, a key indicator of lithium mineralization.
- XRF Analysis Underway: Pinnacle has initiated XRF (X-ray fluorescence) analysis of the pegmatite samples to determine their mineralogy and identify the presence of spodumene. The results of this analysis are expected to be available in early December 2023.
- Confirmation of Historic Reports: The field program also confirmed historic reports of pegmatite outcrops, aligning with targets identified through recent multispectral analysis.
- Upcoming Exploration Program: Pinnacle is already planning a follow-up exploration program, scheduled for Q2 2024, which will include comprehensive field mapping and sampling across the entire project area.
Currently, fourteen (14) samples from the reconnaissance program have been sent to the laboratory for assays, with results expected in 5-6 weeks, tentatively scheduled for early January 2024. These assay results will provide valuable insights into the mineral composition and further inform Pinnacle's exploration strategy.
Pinnacle Minerals Limited continues to be dedicated to responsible and sustainable exploration practices, prioritizing environmental and community considerations throughout its operations.
Pinnacle Minerals Managing Director, Nic Matich, commented: “The identification of fractionated pegmatite outcrops in the Adina East claims is a significant step forward in the company’s Canadian exploration endeavours. These results, coupled with the lithium exploration success by our neighbours Winsome Resources, Loyal Lithium, and Rio Tinto in the Trieste Greenstone belt, further support the Company to return in early 2024 and expand upon the exploration conducted to date. The time spent on site was limited by the onset of the Canadian winter and the bulk of the project remains unexplored, providing substantial opportunity for the Company.”
Pinnacle Minerals Ltd (ASX: PIM) is an ASX listed technology minerals company focused on delivering shareholder value via the systematic exploration and development of its portfolio of battery and technology metals projects in Canada, Western Australia and South Australia. Pinnacle aims to deliver exploration success via systematic and geologically rigorous techniques. The Company’s focus is the “Adina East Project” in James Bay, Quebec which is proximal to the world class Adina Lithium Project (Winsome Resources: WR1.ASX) and adjacent to the Trieste Lithium Project (Loyal Lithium: LLI.ASX) and the Tilly Lithium Project (WR1.ASX). The Company’s Australian exploration assets are prospective for Rare Earth Elements, Mineral Sands and Kaolin.