Rincon Resources Limited (ASX:RCR) (Rincon or the Company), a leading exploration company, is excited to announce significant progress in its exploration activities at the South Telfer and West Arunta Projects in Western Australia.
South Telfer Project Achievements
The Company has successfully completed an extensive drilling program at the South Telfer Project. This program included:
- A mammoth drilling effort, culminating in 17 holes for a total of 3,558 meters.
- Successful testing at both Mammoth and Westin sites for Telfer-style stockwork and breccia copper-gold mineralisation.
- Additional drilling at Westin, with 3 new holes following up on the promising results of drill hole 23STRC034. This hole previously intersected a 29-meter zone of quartz-pyrite mineralisation, extending down-dip from a high-grade gold intercept in historic hole WSA08039.
- All samples from the program have been delivered to the laboratory for analysis. The Company anticipates updating the market with comprehensive results upon receipt and interpretation of these findings.
Advancements at West Arunta Project
Rincon is also pleased to announce the initiation of site works at the West Arunta Project, marking a significant step forward in this venture. Key developments include:
- The commencement of site works this week, paving the way for an upcoming diamond drilling program at Pokali.
- Plans to drill two diamond holes, each up to 1,000 meters, aimed at investigating a deep gravity-high anomaly. This anomaly is situated below and adjacent to the outcropping IOCG (Iron Oxide Copper Gold) and REE (Rare Earth Element) mineralisation at Pokali.
- The expected arrival of DDH1 Drilling contractors on-site by the end of November.
Commenting on current activities, Rincon’s Managing Director Gary Harvey said: “It’s an exciting time right now with assay results from Mammoth imminently due and diamond drilling at Pokali to commence within a matter of weeks.
“From what we’ve seen in the drill chips, there is a lot to like about Mammoth and Westin, particularly after our first hole 23STRC034, which intersected a 29m of zone of good-looking quartz-pyrite mineralisation down-dip of known high-grade gold mineralisation. The team is excited and eager to the results of 23STRC034 and the extra 3 holes we drilled around 23STRC034.
“I’m also very pleased we are finally about to commence our maiden drilling program at our West Arunta Project. The Pokali IOCG Prospect presents a very real and exciting opportunity for a new discovery. We’d love to emulate the success of WA1 Resources (ASX: WA1) and land a discovery with a first drilling program!”
Rincon has a 100% interest in three exploration assets in Western Australia that are highly prospective for copper, gold, REE’s and other critical metals for the energy transition; these are the South Telfer Project, West Arunta Project and Laverton Project.