Over 800,000 Ingham’s turkeys will centre tables around Australia this Christmas, as more than 400,000 kilograms of this protein-packed poultry is enjoyed.
While chicken remains the number one land-based meat option among Australians year-round, turkey is a top choice for many for Christmas lunch and dinner. The festive season (November and December) accounts for one-quarter of fresh Turkey sales, and three-quarters of frozen roast-Turkey sales.
Ingham’s, Australia’s largest integrated poultry producer, sells over 800,000 turkeys into the Christmas-roast market each year. Following demand, Ingham’s has a variety of turkey roast products available in-store at Woolworths and other retailers, including: turkey thigh roast with apple and cranberry stuffing, 6kg frozen turkey, 3kg frozen turkey buffe (double turkey breast roast), 800 gram marinated fresh turkey roast, as well as supplying cold turkey cuts.
As part of Ingham’s Dinner Done recipe collection, celebrity chef Manu Feildel has created a mouthwatering yet simple Roast Turkey Buffe with Spiced Honey Glaze recipe to help inspire festive season feasts.
Manu’s tender Roast Turkey Buffe with Spiced Honey Glaze hits all the tasting notes. Grab Ingham’s 3kg frozen Turkey Buffe from the freezer section of your supermarket, plus a couple of magic ingredients, and create a meal an easy, delicious meal that will impress every guest!
3kg Ingham’s frozen Turkey Buffe
Spiced Honey Glaze
1 star anise
1 cinnamon quill
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
1 ¼ cups (310ml) dry white wine
½ cup honey
75g salted butter, melted
1/3 cup orange juice
Sea salt flakes, to taste
METHOD – how to cook in a few simple steps
- Thaw frozen Turkey buffe in a refrigerator until fully thawed, approx. 13 hours per kg (so allow 2 full days to thaw before commencing preparation)
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced)
- Make the glaze – place star anise, cinnamon, cumin, pepper and coriander in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring for 4-6 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add wine, honey, butter, and juice and stir until melted. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Pat Turkey Buffe dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Place upright in an oiled, large roasting pan. Brush half the glaze over the turkey. Season with salt. Add ¾ cup water to the base of the pan. Loosely cover turkey with a sheet of baking paper, then tightly cover pan with foil.
- Cook in oven for 55 minutes. Remove and brush with remaining glaze. Re-cover with foil and return to oven. Cook for a further 55 minutes. Remove and discard foil and paper. Brush juices from bottom of the pan over turkey. Return, uncovered to oven.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until dark golden brown and juices run clear whe a skewer is inserted into thickest part of the breast. Transfer to a serving plate and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
- Serve turkey with roasted mixed vegetables.
Download the recipe card: https://inghams.com.au/recipe/roast-turkey-buffe-with-spiced-honey-glaze/
Ingham’s has twenty Turkey farms, which are located in New South Wales based from the Macarthur region in South-West Sydney to the Southern Highlands. All farms are family owned and operated.
To learn more about Ingham’s, its range of Turkey products, and Ingham’s Dinner Done, visit inghams.com.au/dinner-done and follow Ingham’s on Instagram @InghamAustralia Facebook @ingham’s and YouTube @Inghamschicken
Jess Stebnicki, firstname.lastname@example.org