The SGSPAA Board (the owners of the Jemena business) is pleased to announce that David Gillespie has been appointed as the Managing Director of the Group.
David has been acting in this role since September, and prior to that was Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Group for a number of years.
Board Chair, Jiang Longhua, commented: “David’s deep experience in the Australian energy sector and in driving our business strategy and operational excellence is already well documented in his previous role as CFO.”
“His leadership skills and commercial experience in the growth and transformation of complex organisations is also the right mix to ensure that our Group plays a key role in Australia’s energy transition.”
David Gillespie added: “I am excited to be leading the Jemena team during the next phase of Australia’s push to a low-carbon future. Both Jemena and Zinfra have the right mix of people, assets, and skills to contribute meaningfully to Australia’s energy transition and I am confident our Group will continue to perform strongly into 2024 and beyond.”
“I would like to thank our teams for their continued support and ongoing commitment to delivering energy services and products safely and reliably for our 1.8 million customers across New South Wales, Victoria, and other parts of eastern and northern Australia.”
Note for Editors: Photographs of David Gillespie are available here.
Jemena Media Contact
1300 331 239
Jemena is an $12.4 billion company that owns and manages some of Australia's most significant gas and electricity assets. These include:
- the Jemena Gas Network servicing 1.5 million customers around NSW
- the Eastern Gas Pipeline which delivers gas from Victoria's Gippsland basin to the ACT, Sydney and regional NSW
- the Darling Downs Pipeline Network in south-east Queensland supplying Darling Downs Power Station and APLNG’s export pipeline
- the Queensland Gas Pipeline which supplies Gladstone and Rockhampton
- Jemena's Victorian electricity network which delivers electricity to over 370,000 homes and businesses in north-west Melbourne
- the Northern Gas Pipeline delivering gas from the Northern Territory into north-west Queensland
- the Atlas Gas Pipeline and the Roma North Processing Plant.
For more information visit www.jemena.com.au.