Skip to content
General News, Sport Recreation

GREYHOUND RACING NSW REJECTS GOVERNMENT COMPENSATION OFFER

GRNSW 2 mins read

Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW) has advised the NSW Government that it rejects the compensation offer it made in December in relation to the sport's exit from Wentworth Park next year.

The NSW Government had offered $10 million in additional Capital Grant Funding for the upgrade of country tracks over the next four years. However, this was conditional upon GRNSW not pursing the $6.5 million debt owed to the organisation by the Wentworth Park Trust.

"The Government’s offer of compensation was just ridiculous and insulting to the sport,” GRNSW Chief Executive Officer Steve Griffin said. “They say they support greyhound racing, however, the actions of the Minns’ Government to date says otherwise.”

The impact to the sport in lost revenue over the next decade in leaving Wentworth Park has been independently determined to be $43 million.

"The Government's offer of compensation goes no way towards amounting to proper compensation to the sport,” Mr Griffin.

"Giving us $10 million in tied Capital Grants over the next four years is simply ridiculous when we know the Government wants all our tracks upgraded to Minimum Track Standard within the next two years.

"And we don't want taxpayers' money. We want the money that we've worked hard for. It’s as simple as that. 

"The fact that this offer is tied to requiring us not pursuing a debt owed to the sport borders on extortion.

"I can only assume that this compensation offer was cobbled together quickly before Christmas last year by public servants.

“I call on the Premier to intervene and do the right thing and actually prove that his Government does support greyhound racing in this State.”

 

                                                                         <ends>


Contact details:

[email protected]

More from this category

  • General News
  • 18/02/2026
  • 01:11
JFB Construction Holdings

JFB and XTEND Announce $1.5B Business Combination to Establish a Nasdaq-Listed US Leader in AI-Driven Autonomous Defense Robotics

Strategic investors in the merger include Eric Trump, Unusual Machines (NYSE: UMAC), American Ventures, LLC, Protego Ventures, Aliya Capital and Agostinelli Group.Implied acquisition value of $1.5 billion, based on the price paid per share in concurrent private placement.Merger to create an autonomous defense and security systems company combining AI-driven robotic operating system with established US operating and infrastructure capabilities, strengthening the security of the United States and its allied nations.PALM BEACH, Fla., Feb. 17, 2026 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- JFB Construction Holdings (Nasdaq: JFB), a real estate development and construction company, announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement…

  • Sport Recreation
  • 17/02/2026
  • 23:11
U.S. Polo Assn.

Supported by U.S. Polo Assn., the 2026 U.S. Open Women’s Polo Championship(R) Concludes with Victory Eastern Hay the Champion

WEST PALM BEACH, FL / ACCESS Newswire / February 17, 2026 / U.S. Polo Assn., the official sports brand of the United States Polo…

  • Contains:
  • Sport Recreation
  • 17/02/2026
  • 19:58
Ohana Development

Ohana Development Launches USD 4.1 Billion ‘Manchester City Yas Residences by Ohana’ in Abu Dhabi

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates–BUSINESS WIRE– Ohana Development, a leading UAE real estate developer, has officially launched ‘Manchester City Yas Residences by Ohana,’ a…

  • Contains:

Media Outreach made fast, easy, simple.

Feature your press release on Medianet's News Hub every time you distribute with Medianet. Pay per release or save with a subscription.